You have no items in your shopping cart.
After our successful test on the Playa 2015 -2016 -2017-2018 we introduce you to our new high end Playa models : Orbiter, Desert, Voyager. Our economy models are : Playa Stealth, Hopman and Playa Journey/ Journey pro. For those of you buying an ebike for the first time and not sure what are the difference in models... We do not compromise on our motors, motor controllers or battery quality/safety, whats changing are the features and some of the mechanical parts such as : Frame, motors rated volts/watts output, frame design, saddles, pedals, cushions, grips, suspension. On connectivity the difference is full matrix lcd display or simple led indicator display.
Explore the playa desert like never before. For the first time you very well might be able to say: I saw it all! We did. How amazing it is to not worry about forgeting something in your RV, or need to go ;), now your rv will always quick and easy to reach. Even those mid-day rides are pleasant and fun. We even tested it through a sand storm, no problem but make sure you have full protection gear or be ready for a lot of cleaning. When gears get covered with dust it can make your chain fall off.
Few important points:
1) Diameter of the playa is 1.5 miles on the longest point between 3 to 9. Our bikes do easily 30 miles per charge with 1 person load of up to 165lbs, (they can carry up to 280lbs but range will be lower), meaning you can cross the playa easily 20 times before running out of battery. Pretty much you will be good all day and when you rest up, you can charge the bike. Charging takes 4 hours and you good to go on your next trip.
2) Most our bikes have usb port to charge you phone or other devices, altho there is no reception on the playa, we are sure you want your camera charged.
3) All our bikes come with built-in headlights, tail-lights and a loud horn to warn those playa dreamers that are just walking around ;)
4) With every Playa model, the desert edition or Playa you get a gift bag with special led wire lights to keep your bike shinning from a distance at night, we also included a combination lock so you can lock your bike easily and wont worry about losing the key.
5) Remember its really important to keep the tires fully inflated when riding off-road, its helps the tires to better resist thorns, last thing we need is having a flat tire in mid playa when you have so many things to see.
6) Keep your charger in safe location so no one will step or kick it by mistake! Remember it might suddenly rain so make sure you are not charging your bike in the rain, unplug the charger when its done charging.
Shipments to BM Festival
We have a pick up location close to burning man in Sparks/reno, NV. We will be there Aug 23th until Aug 27th. Email us to set up pick up time. Keep the original box so you can repack the bike and send it back to where you need, our boxes are best to minimize risk of damage during delivery .
Cleaning your ebike after Playa BM festival
Since playa dust has a lot of alkaline (opposite of acidic but just as corrosive), it is important to properly clean your ebike immediately after the festival. The best way to clean it is using vinegar water. Mix water and white vinegar (50/50) in a spray bottle (buy at walmart for $2) and just go all over the bike with a soak cloth, cleaning one part at a time. The motor, controller and batteries are sealed so no worries about these parts. Remember if you are leaving your bike in storage its best to leave battery 50% charged and make sure to charge it for 1-2h every 2-3 month to keep battery life at its best.